How to display a datefield in custom format in Kibana, without changing @timestamp display format?

Hi,

I am using ELK GA 6. I have a timestamp field in my log and I have mapped it in Elasticsearch like below;

"timestamp": {
    "type": "date",
    "format": "MMM dd, YYYY h:mm:ss:SSS aa"
}

When I check the JSON tab in Kibana, the data is "timestamp": "Nov 24, 2017 1:16:32:820 PM", but it is displayed (in Table tab) like below;

time1

Also, the @timestamp field also looks same like below;

time2

The dates are same (it has to be because I use date filter in Logstash), and I have multiple time fields in my log. The problem is, I want to display my timestamo in a different format, like in the JSON. The @timestamp field may look what it looks like now, but the timestamp field need to be changed. I know about the dateFormat setting under Advanced configurations in Kibana, but it will change the @timestamp field too. How can I change the display format of timestamp field alone without affecting @timestamp field?

Thanks.

You'll probably have better luck asking in the Kibana group. Logstash isn't involved here.

Sorry, my mistake :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
Updated.

Hi all, is there any way to do this?

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.