Kibana date format mapping

Hi,

I'm trying to configure a template inside Kibana for a date field but I don't see a date format that matches it.
My date field looks like this: 2021-05-05 09:38:47 +0000 UTC
If I map the date field as "text" inside Kibaba, then Logstash stops complaining. But I want to be able to properly map it. Is there a way to do this?

Thank you.

You will need to define your own format for that one - format | Elasticsearch Guide [7.15] | Elastic

1 Like

Did you look at field formatters and date settings in advanced settings in Kibana?

and Kibana advanced settings - Advanced Settings | Kibana Guide [7.15] | Elastic

Thanks
Bhavya

@warkolm , how can i assign my own date format? when i try to edit the template i'm not able to put my own format in:

Following the notes here, I think my date format needs to look like this "yyyy-MM-dd HH:mm:ss +ZZZ z"

@bhavyarm I tried following along, but I don't see how I can get a specific field in my data set to be formatted with a custom date format. I believe my date format needs to looks like this ""yyyy-MM-dd HH:mm:ss +ZZZ z". I think if I make Date Format changes in the Advanced Setting this will end up affecting how the @timestamp field will get displayed.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.