How to find the number of times API is called by any user

Hi,
I am new to Kibana and I am working on Kibana 5.1.1 . How can the number of times an API is being invoked by any user?

Are there API request logs in your data?

Hi tsullivan,

Thanks for the input. Please find attached screenshot of the kibana report

Which field is the URL and which is the user ID?

There is a log group as mentioned in the screenshot but we are not sure which API it invokes. Can I find out how many times this log group was called? Here I dont have user data

So @log_group is the URL?
Then just build a bar/pie chart similar to how this is described https://www.elastic.co/guide/en/kibana/current/tutorial-visualizing.html

Or build a table with a count. Lots of options!

Thanks for the inputs warkolm,

@log_group = /aws/lambda/LaaSLicenseService-CommonTestLicense-Hearbeat

Just to give you an overview. The "log group" contains 2 different types of information the user information is "CommonTestLicense" and the lambda log which is created "Hearbeat" (upon invoking some API which I don't know about). Here there are 10 users can be
(for e.g., CommonTestLicense, CommonDevLicense,CommonDevCustomer etc., ) and there are 15 types of lambda log (for e.g., Heartbeat, Groupauth,healthcheck etc.,) I wanted to create a pie-donut chart where one circle gives information about the top users and second circle gives information about the top lambda log they created.

My challenge is all information is present in one value @log_group , Im not sure how to split this up ? Can you please help

Any inputs , Anyone ?

Try using a CSV filter on that field, just change the separator to /.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.