How to get borders in Kibana 5.x dashboards?

Hi,

Is there any way where I can put borders between dashboards in Kibana 5.x dashboards?

Thanks

Take a look at How to get border for each visualization in Kibana 5 like Kibana 4

Hi Imma,

I added following snippet to the file /usr/share/kibana/optimize/bundles/kibana.style.css

.panel {
      border: 1px solid green;
    }

It's working fine when the background theme is white but for dark theme when I changed to border: 1px solid white, it's not working.

There's a dark theme selector you'll need to apply as well. This might vary depending upon your version but is always something like .theme-dark on the selector you're looking to apply it to. You can usually find it with inspector (here I am manually applying a border to the class in insprector).

Here's an example

Thanks David. I edited it in the file /usr/share/kibana/optimize/bundles/commons.style.css. It is working now. :slight_smile:

I also raised https://github.com/elastic/kibana/issues/14228 to see if we can expose this as a setting :slight_smile:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.