How to hot-reload the modified contents (.html, .js, .css) automatically for the running Kibana instance?

I want to modify the source code of Kibana, e.g., modify some .html or .js files. But I found when I refresh my Chrome browser, my update is not showing up in the browser. I found that the browser uses kibana.bundle.js instead of the .js source files. kibana.bundle.js is like a binary compiled from .js source files and contains no style format. I don't want to modify it.

I'm not familiar with how Kibana .js source files are compiled to kibana.bundle.js an where the configuration is. And it's not hot-reload. So can you tell me how to make Kibana hot-reload? So when I modify .js source files, my browser can show the difference, thanks!

hi @hsluoyz,

Kibana needs to recompile the bundle.js files, so you will have to restart the Kibana-server.

@thomasneirynck thanks for your reply.

But restarting the server is so slow. I know for production-use, we show recompiling and packaging everything. But for development, I can't believe that even I change a single text in a page, I have to restart the server to see the effect.

For a large and complex system like Kibana, is this true that this is how Kibana is developed? Or are there any tricks to accelerate and smooth the development experience?

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.