Bundle.js and UI are not updating after I changed some html code?

For kibana experts:
We are facing an issue while modifying Kibana source code to achieve our specific requirement to integrate with our UI.
As I understand, modifying the source code should automatically reflect the changes in the bundle.js file that Kibana uses (bundle of the source code).

We also tried deleting the bundle.js, make changes to the source code . Our assumption was this should automatically create a new bundle.js. However, it doesn't work that way and we are getting error, while changing the source code itself.
The environment specifics are:

• elastic search 6.2.4
  • kibana 6.2.4
    For example the original src/core_plugins/kibana/public/management/landing.html is as follows:
    {{::section.display}}

We tried modifying it as below (simplest of changes we did):

testing {{::section.display}}

The issue now is it doesnt reflect in optimise/bundle/kibana.bundle.js and UI. Wanted to know if there is a right way to modify the source code and still be able to see changes in the bundle.js file.
I am pasting the json file that kibana uses to sync with bundle.js file
package.json
{
"name": "kibana",
"description": "Kibana is an open source (Apache Licensed), browser based analytics and search dashboard for Elasticsearch. Kibana is a snap to setup and start using. Kibana strives to be easy to get started with, while also being flexible and powerful, just like Elasticsearch.",
"keywords": [
"kibana",
"elasticsearch",
"logstash",
"analytics",
"visualizations",
"dashboards",
"dashboarding"
],
"version": "6.2.4",
"branch": "6.x",
"build": {
"number": 16627,
"sha": "ee501cfd9c1281cfbd6948e1c5f80dc9356ee56f"
},
"repository": {
"type": "git",
"url": "https://github.com/elastic/kibana.git"
},
"engines": {
"node": "6.14.0"
}
}

Anyone help would be appreciated.

Have you tried manually deleting the entire optimize folder?

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.