Newbie question: looking for correct workflow

I'm trying to make a change to Kibana core. I'm trying to start out very small and I've made a single change to a .js file and a .html file (specifically _create.*). After issuing a "npm run build" I am not seeing all of my changes reflected under the build directory. The .js changes are there but the match .html changes are NOT.

I'm trying to test by running "npn start --dev" the changes are not reflected in the served up page.

After issuing a "npm run build" I am not seeing all of my changes reflected under the build directory. The .js changes are there but the match .html changes are NOT.

Unfortunately, I'm unable to reproduce this issue. I made a change to src/plugins/kibana/public/settings/sections/indices/_create.html, ran npm run build, and I was able to see my change in build/kibana/src/plugins/kibana/public/settings/sections/indices/_create.html.

I'm trying to test by running "npn start --dev" the changes are not reflected in the served up page.

Your changes should be reflected when you reload the page in the browser. By the way, you need to just run npm start, not npm start --dev.

Thanks for trying to reproduce. Doesn't help me figure out why it's not working for me but does validate the process.

I've tried deleting all the files in both the build & optimize subdirs, doing a search (only finding my change), doing the build and repeating the search and finding the .html file reverted?!? Strange indeed...it has to be pulling the html file from someplace else.

Is there any parameter(s) for the build that might produce some more detail?

Is there any parameter(s) for the build that might produce some more detail?

Yes, try npm run build -- --verbose

(BTW, the double -- is intentional)

1 Like