How to import elastic search source code into eclipse

Hi Team,

Could you please let me know if there is any documentation available which details how to import elasticsearch source code into eclipse. Im trying to import elasticsearch2.2.1 into eclipse

I have downloaded the source code for elastic search from the link https://github.com/elastic/elasticsearch/tags.

When I try to import the project to eclipse, and when I point the downloaded source code, there are a lot of pom.xml available in the project. Im not sure which one to select and import. Any help on this is much appreciated.

It's a multimodule project.

So it basically depends on what you want to do.

For example, if you are working on a plugin, you just have to open the plugin. Maven will pull other modules from maven central repo.

Thanks for the information David. Im basically trying to check, how I can directly import json data into elastic search without using logstash etc. I also wanted to understand how elasticsearch stores the imported data and maintains it.

It would be great if you can provide a link/ documentation which details about the multiple modules used and how it works as a whole.

That's a huge task IMO.

I'd look at Elasticsearch Clients | Elastic instead.

It would be great if you can provide a link/ documentation which details about the multiple modules used and how it works as a whole.

I don't. It's a maven thing. Not specifically related to elasticsearch.

I believe there is important documentation in contributing.asviidoc.