How to import ORACLE DB Data to Kibana (After Establishing the connection)

Hello,

I established a Oracle DB connection using Logstash. I am a complete beginner and I do not know what to do next.

I created conf file where my configuration for Oracle DB connection is written.

Localhost 9200, 9600 and 5601 are working now.

I couldn't find a way to reach my data in Kibana GUI. Am I missing a point?

My config file is

input {
jdbc {
    jdbc_connection_string => "jdbc:oracle:thin:@//00.100.00.0:0001/PRELIVE1"
    jdbc_user => "***"
    jdbc_password => "***"
    jdbc_driver_library => "C:\Users\Hakansu\Downloads\ojdbc6.jar"
    jdbc_driver_class => "Java::oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver"
    statement => "SELECT * from Sales"
}
}
output {
    elasticsearch {
        index => "contacts"
        document_type => "contact"
        #document_id => "%{uid}"
        hosts => "localhost:9200"
    }
}

Any help is appreciated.

Best

What are Kibana logs? What is happening when you open http://localhost:5601 ?

it directly goes to http://localhost:5601/app/kibana and I cannot find where I can reach my DB data

Could you open Dev Tools app and go to the console? http://0.0.0.0:5601/app/kibana#/dev_tools/console?_g=()

And type:

GET /_cat/indices?v

And share the result here? Formatted with </> icon or with markdown.

the result is following

health status index                        uuid                   pri rep docs.count docs.deleted store.size pri.store.size
green  open   .kibana_1                    GUKFkvp_TrOZtv3gnENeBA   1   0         43            0    923.1kb        923.1kb
green  open   .kibana_task_manager         ILKsGNgOQsePS1vT_beE5A   1   0          2            0     46.2kb         46.2kb
yellow open   contacts                     R19ay3ytSvulXh_BElnfWg   1   1          0            0       230b           230b
green  open   kibana_sample_data_ecommerce 86KbNeNIQHi-NIN9BaBb2Q   1   0       4675            0      4.8mb          4.8mb

Great. So you have an index named contacts but it is empty.

Either you created manually.
Or Logstash created it.

If the later, then it means that Logstash did not read any "event" from the database.

I'd recommend to change the logstash output to stdout just to check if anything is read from the database.
Or check logstash logs. May be something is wrong.

I wonder if this is correct:

jdbc_driver_library => "C:\Users\Hakansu\Downloads\ojdbc6.jar"

And should not be:

jdbc_driver_library => "C:/Users/Hakansu/Downloads/ojdbc6.jar"

But it might be better to ask in #logstash forum then...

Hello David,

Thanks a lot.

I added stdout to my conf file as you said, now the output of the GET /_cat/indices?v is the following

health status index                           uuid                   pri rep docs.count docs.deleted store.size pri.store.size
green  open   .kibana_1                       GUKFkvp_TrOZtv3gnENeBA   1   0         43            0    923.1kb        923.1kb
green  open   .kibana_task_manager            ILKsGNgOQsePS1vT_beE5A   1   0          2            0     13.5kb         13.5kb
green  open   .monitoring-kibana-7-2019.05.25 NVCHVJyFQGuM19GpVl56wQ   1   0         30            0     37.4kb         37.4kb
yellow open   contacts                        R19ay3ytSvulXh_BElnfWg   1   1     200128            0     50.2mb         50.2mb
green  open   .monitoring-es-7-2019.05.25     ingGxdRWQAOaledgYp3YaA   1   0        309          182    297.6kb        297.6kb
green  open   kibana_sample_data_ecommerce    86KbNeNIQHi-NIN9BaBb2Q   1   0       4675            0      4.8mb          4.8mb

Contacts index is not empty anymore.

My problem here is that I cannot reach this data in kibana. I want to create dashboard using this data but all I can reach is the kibana_sample_data_ecommerce.

How can I use this data to create a dashboard?

Thank you.

That's another question better to ask in #kibana. But first watch some webinars, read https://www.elastic.co/guide/en/kibana/current/getting-started.html

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.