How to install multiple filebeat services in same host (Windows Server)?

Hi i need help figuring out this issue as i want to run two filebeat services that points to two deferent directories in the c drive. we currently have a team using filebeat pointing to redis and now i want to install a new latest version of filebeat to point to my logstash and just to state they both will be picking up logs from different log paths not the same.

so which do i do please :
Do I need to unzip the file in two different directories with a different name?
Do I need to change the name of one of the executables (filebeat.exe, filebeat2.exe)?
Do I need to change the name of one of the filebeat.yml (filebeat.yml, filebeat2.yml)?
In each filebeat.yml I need to specfify a diferent registry path for each instance (filebeat.registry.path: registry)?

To run each instance I need to execute them like this?

.\filebeat.exe -c filebeat.yml
.\filebeat2.exe -c filebeat2.yml

Is there another things that I need to do?

Thanks!

Hey @noobman2logstash,

You can run multiple instances of Filebeat in the same host. You can use the same installation and binaries, but they need to use different data paths. You can configure the data path with path.data. This data path can be configured as a runtime flag, so you could do this:

.\filebeat.exe -c filebeat.yml --path.data somepath
.\filebeat.exe -c filebeat2.yml --path.data someotherpath
1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.