How to migrate/move indices from Elastic cloud to Elastic stand alone in remote server

Please help me to migrate/move indices from Elastic cloud to Elastic stand alone in remote server.

Please provide the steps.
I tried with reindexing but getting "not whitelisted in reindex.remote.whitelist" error.

I am following this documentation

My elasticsearch version is 7.17

@sriteja_chebrolu it seems the reindexing can be used to migrate data only between Elastic cloud to cloud clusters and not to standalone ones. You can, however, use one of the to options below:

1. Configure CCR between EC and standalone clusters to sync the desired indexes.
  2. Take snapshot from EC, cofigure same repo in your standalone cluster and restore the indices.

Thanks for your response @Ayush_Mathur.

1. Configure CCR between EC and standalone clusters to sync the desired indexes.
    what is CCR?
  2. Take snapshot from EC, cofigure same repo in your standalone cluster and restore the indices
    Can you please provide documentation/steps for these 2 options.

CCR is Cross Cluster Replication, which was intended to migrate or synchronize data between data centers, which essentially your case here.
For any sort of documentation or steps, I'll always prefer starting from Elastic documentation.
CCR: Cross-cluster replication | Elasticsearch Guide [8.6] | Elastic
Snapshot/ Restore: Snapshot and restore | Elasticsearch Guide [8.6] | Elastic

Hi @Ayush_Mathur

I am able to migrate indices through reindeixng.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.