How to set content-header in Kibana?

Hi,

I'm running Elastic 5.4.3

This should be simple, but how do you set the content-header in Kibana or other console like tool?

If I run this PUT command I get an error:

PUT /myindex?pretty

Error: {"error":"Content-Type header [application/x-www-form-urlencoded; charset=UTF-8] is not supported","status":406}

Hi there, I just want to confirm that you're seeing this error while executing this query in the Dev Tools Console, is that correct?

Thanks,
CJ

Yes...

I just ran through the steps you've described on Kibana 5.4.3 and I'm unable to reproduce that error. Are you using X-Pack by any chance? Can you double-check and make sure you're using ES 5.4.3, too? And just to confirm, you're by "content-header" I'm assuming you're referring to the content-type header.

To give you some background, the user shouldn't be required to set the content-type header when using Console, which is why this is a bit unusual to me. I wonder if this is related to https://github.com/elastic/kibana/issues/10504. Could you make your request using CURL and let me know if it still returns the same error?

Thanks,
CJ

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.