How to set initial login using OpenID Connect

i want to set SSO using OpenID Connect(google).
So I added the setting to elasticsearch and added the relevant setting to Kibana.

my kibana.yml
xpack.security.authc.providers: [oidc, basic]
xpack.security.authc.oidc.realm: oidc1
server.xsrf.whitelist: [/api/security/oidc/initiate_login]

and keystore add
elasticsearch.username: elastic
elasticsearch.password: mypassword
(The ID:elastic was added with the command 'bin/elasticsearch-setup-passwords interactive'.)

After this setting, the following error occurs when starting the kibana.

log   [01:38:59.926] [warning][licensing][plugins] 
  License information could not be obtained from Elasticsearch for the [data] cluster. 
  [security_exception] unable to authenticate user [elastic] for REST request [/_xpack], 
  with { header={ WWW-Authenticate={ 0="Bearer realm=\"security\"" & 1="Basic realm=\"security\" charset=\"UTF-8\"" } } } :: 
  {"path":"/_xpack","statusCode":401,"response":"{\"error\":{\"root_cause\": [{\"type\":\"security_exception\",
  \"reason\":\"unable to authenticate user [elastic] for REST request [/_xpack]\",
  \"header\":{\"WWW-Authenticate\":[\"Bearer realm=\\\"security\\\"\",
  \"Basic realm=\\\"security\\\" charset=\\\"UTF-8\\\"\"]}}],
  \"type\":\"security_exception\",\"reason\":\"unable to authenticate user [elastic] for REST request [/_xpack]\",
  \"header\":{\"WWW-Authenticate\":[\"Bearer realm=\\\"security\\\"\",\"Basic realm=\\\"security\\\" charset=\\\"UTF-8\\\"\"]}},
  \"status\":401}","wwwAuthenticateDirective":"Bearer realm=\"security\", Basic realm=\"security\" charset=\"UTF-8\""}

what i have to add setting?

A number of things can be happening to get to that authentication exception you see thrown by ES.

Thanks
Rashmi

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.