How to setup curator for multiple clusters?

Hi Experts,

I was wondering if I can set up curator for multiple clusters . Below is my curator configuration which works absolutely fine for one cluster . Now I want to apply same setup for my second cluster which uses different port like 30011 . Please suggest how I can achieve this .

client:
  hosts:
    - 10.X.X.X
  port: 20011
  url_prefix:
  use_ssl: False
  certificate:
  client_cert:
  client_key:
  ssl_no_validate: False
  http_auth:
  timeout: 30
  master_only: False
logging:
  loglevel: INFO
  logfile:
  logformat: default
  blacklist: ['elasticsearch', 'urllib3'] 

Regards
VG

You cannot configure one Curator installation to apply to multiple clusters. It does not work like that. Specifying multiple hosts round-robins the requests across multiple hosts within a cluster.

You need separate Curator client configurations for each cluster, even if the action definitions are identical across clusters.

Thanks for quick response , so here separate Curator Client config means I need to create separate curator.yml file. SO something like one cluster will use curator.yml and another cluster will use curator1.yml and so on . Please correct me if I am wrong I need to mention a separate path for second config file in the below command

curator [--config /opt/curator/CONFIG.YML] [--dry-run] ACTION_FILE.YML
curator [--config /opt/curator/CONFIG1.YML] [--dry-run] ACTION_FILE.YML

That’s correct.

1 Like

Awesome will try and respond thanks again .

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.