How to setup logstash-input-jms plugin?

Hello,

I just installed Logstash and then installed logstash-input-jms plugin with the following command

# logstash-plugin install logstash-input-jms
Validating logstash-input-jms
Installing logstash-input-jms
Installation successful

My current logstash.conf file is very simple and just points to my elasticsearch adding all I type in stdin:

input { stdin { } }
output {
  elasticsearch { hosts => ["localhost:9200"] }
  stdout { codec => rubydebug }
}

Now I would like to add all messages received from my JMS queue and I don't know how to setup this plugin.
I've found an yml example file that looks what I need (at least it has the parameters that I need to setup my queue): https://github.com/logstash-plugins/logstash-input-jms/blob/master/spec/inputs/jms.yml

But I have some question.

1. Where do I need to add the content of this jms.yml file? Directly on my logstash.yml file. I've tried it and received error messages in the output and logstash stopped to work. The messages said it doesn't recognize the added parameters,

2. The yml example file was prepared for hornetQ, but I don't use it, I'm using websphere jms. Can I just replace the word hornetq for websphere and it will work?

I really appreciate any help. This plugin isn't well documented and I'm completely lost.
Thanks.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.