How to show date in UTC format in the downloaded CSV file from kibana

Hello Everyone,

when i download the CSV file from the kibana visualization , i am getting date in UNIX format rather than UTC. Is there any possibility to get that date field in UTC format itself ?

Thanks ,
Bhavana.

If you're exporting DataTable data you could use this scripted field as one of the columns so that you can get the date in a formated string:
def sdf = new SimpleDateFormat('YYYY/MM/dd HH:mm:ss z');sdf.setTimeZone(TimeZone.getTimeZone("UTC"));sdf.format(new Date(doc['@timestamp'].value))
This script will convert the value of the @timestamp field to a string formatted to UTC timezone like this 2017/05/15 11:16:20 AM UTC
Keep in mind that this will be a resource intensive script if you have lots of docs in your vis.

Thanks for the reply ,

I didn't look at the formatted data download in kibana , it is showing me date in the UTC format rather than the UNIX format which is shown in Raw download in kibana.

I tried the scripted field too, as it is mentioned resource intensive which is so slow for retrieving results.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.