How to solve Timelion Error: in cell #1: Unable to pairwise reduce seriesLists, number of series are not the same

Hi,

I'm trying to divide two split series.
Splitting by the same exact term with the same number of splits in both, however the query is a bit different, which if I understand correctly, yields different splits which then don't match.

The query is as follows:
.es(q = 'TR:CR AND CV:true', split = account_name:10).divide(.es(q = 'TR:CR AND AT:B', split = account_name:10))

Note the query in the numerator and the query in the denomenator are different, however the split condition is the same.
account_name potentially has hundreds of values so I prefer not to repeat this by hand.
Note also each query works on it's own.

I get the following error:
Error: in cell #1: Unable to pairwise reduce seriesLists, number of series are not the same

Is it possible to:

1. Specify the split values so they match in each case.
  2. Do some kind of join on the splits, so that even though they don't match, I can take the account_name values in the numerator or the denomenator.
  3. Split the result of the division.

Any of these solutions would work for me, but I wasn't able to find a way to do any of them.

Anyone?

however the query is a bit different, which if I understand correctly, yields different splits which then don't match

You are correct, the different queries are returning different results so the splits do not line up and can not be reduced.

There is no way around this but you can open an enhancement request at Sign in to GitHub · GitHub

Ok, done.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.