How to store real estate data in an elastic search?

I have Real Estate data. I am looking into storing it into elastic search to allow users to search the database real time.

I want to be able to let my users search by key fields like price, lot size, year-built, total bedrooms, etc. However, I also want to be able to let the user filter by keywords or amenities like "Has Pool", "Has Spa", "Parking Space", "Community"..

Additionally, I need to keep a distinct list of property type, property status, schools, community, etc so I can create drop down menu for my user to select from.

What should the stored data structure look like? How can I maintain a list of the distinct schools, community, type to use that to create drop down menu for the user to pick from?

The current data I have is basically a key/value pairs. I can clean it up and standardize it before storing it into Elastic Search but puzzled on what is considered a good approach to store this data?

I would start with Elastic App Search it will simplify almost all that , in short you are describing a catalog which happens to be real estate.

Here is a great quickstart
Here is a good webinar coming soon.

App Search supports facets (the category) filters, fuzzy search of the description, pinning certain results , geo-search etc, relevance tuning through a GUI etc.

It is also super easy to ingest / test data.

And if you just want to try it out real quick you could launch a trial on cloud.elastic.co then if you like it you could download and run basic for free.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.