How to turn off automatic deletion upon expiration of data / index?

How to turn off automatic deletion upon expiration of data / index?

Welcome!

There's no automatic deletion of data/index unless you defined something.

Please tell me what I can do to shut down this opportunity, it's about the expiring data

The only data I can think of in Elasticsearch that gets deleted automatically is monitoring data as this has a defined retention period with the Basic license. If s this what you are referring to? If not, what data is being deleted?

1 Like

It's about information that automatically gathers from websites and social networks that I'm interested

That should not be automatically deleted.

1 Like

The main question is, where does this configure? I have this problem, and I've been install Elasticsearch 7.9

Again... There's no automatic deletion of data/index unless you defined something.

So if you don't want to have automatic removal of data, there is absolutely nothing to configure.

I was installing 7.9.1 ... amd 64 deb. I installed it myself. Faced a problem. Didn't set up anything specially. Common words don't work. Help, I did not find an answer on the network.

Log file:
[INFO ][o.e.x.m.a.TransportDeleteExpiredDataAction] [node-1] Deleting expired data
[INFO ][o.e.x.m.a.TransportDeleteExpiredDataAction] [node-1] Completed deletion of expired

This is a machine learning thing. Are you using Machine Learning?

I don't use ML. I don't plan on doing it any time soon. I'm ready to give up this opportunity

I tried to stop the ML: _ml/set_upgrade_mode?enabled=true
Does it help?

You can disable ml by setting xpack.ml.enabled to false. See

2 Likes

thanks to Your clue, I already did that too

Did you restart? What are then the full elasticsearch logs since the restart?

1 Like

thank you! of course, Restart, no more problems :+1:

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.