How to unhide redacted values using apm

Kibana version: 7.3.0

Elasticsearch version: 7.3.0

APM Server version: 7.3.0

APM Agent language and version: java 1.8.0

Browser version: safari 13.0.1

Original install method (e.g. download page, yum, deb, from source, etc.) and version: from apt repository

Fresh install or upgraded from other version? : fresh installation

Is there anything special in your setup? no

Description of the problem including expected versus actual behavior. Please include screenshots (if relevant): some of the headers are showing {REDACTED} as value while we would like to have the ability to show the real data from the header in order to be able to indentify the customer which is making the call while investigating the issue. We have tried to enable persona_data from apm-server configuration but that does not seam to fix hte problem. Is there anything else I can try?

Steps to reproduce:

Errors in browser console (if relevant):

Provide logs and/or server output (if relevant):

Perhaps take a look at this

cool I've added that to the apm agent but still getting that obfruscated in the apm.

Maybe I don't have added the right value since I've used the defaults.

In fact that is not good becasue it hides data from apm. I need exactly the opposite to unhide the data from the apm.

Try setting the value to an empty string. Then you can add back what you want to redact

That did the trick. Thank you.

Welcome just be careful... I might suggest using that defaults as string and then just removing what do you want to see

I did that already. Thank you for the suggestion.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.