My scenario is
- upsert the whole document with optimistic locking control (seqno/ primary term)
- I also want to do some conditional update meaning I want to update only when current doc's updatedAt is earlier than what I am providing. I also want to see if I can use external version for this purpose which might have a conflict with seqno/primary term conceptually?
Initially what I was thinking is that
- using UpdateRequest ( but not using partial update)
- using Script to apply conditional write
- providing a whole doc to enable Upsert
Can we do these using UpdateRequest? or should I do this as a separated steps? checking updatedAt and then try to update?
(I am using es 7.17.0)