I am curious about SoketTimeoutException thrown by RestHighLevelCilent

My work environment contains 7 days of data, and when looking at elasticsearch, it contains 172 indices (1720shards, 500 million docs). Then, using reathighlevelcilent, we issue a query to get 7 days of data sorted by timestemp.

There is no timeout until 1st and 2nd, but as search time is gradually increased, it becomes slower and eventually timeout occurs in searchrespons.

I know elasticsearch is a very good device for processing large amounts of data, but I don't understand that timeout occurs for up to 500 million data.

There might be a way to extend the timeout of the timeout as a workaround, but it is not the underlying problem solution I want.

I believe that the timeout that occurs in elasticsearch can be solved through setting as well as a way to extend the time.

However, I am not sure about elasticsearch, so I am looking for help.

Clearly, elasticsearch is an analysis tool that can process large amounts of data quickly.

What is the output of:

GET /
GET /_cat/nodes?v
GET /_cat/health?v
GET /_cat/indices?v

If some outputs are too big, please share them on gist.github.com and link them here.

I'm so sorry to see you late.

I am sorry that I couldn't use the external Internet, so I inevitably wrote it on mobile and couldn't show the results.

/_cat/indices?v reason is

green, open, index_name, On average one million,

/_cat/health reason is
shards: 2260
pri:1130
active_shards_percent:100

/_cat/nodes?v reason is
heap.percent: 42,68,67
ram.percent:98,98,98
cpu: 26,21,22

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.