I am using elasticsearch 6.5 and i want to have cluster node 6

I am working on elasticsearch 6.5 and i don't know much about it , so my task is to add cluster node , i guess initially number of node is 1 right? if i am right then please tell me how can i make it up to 6, i already read the documentation but i can't get it, one more suggestion i got to install elasticsearch multiple time and give different node name or something like that but what i feel is there must be some simple way to do it

actually this is the exact requirement that i want:-

Cluster Nodes : 6
Master Eligible Nodes : 2 (both the micro instances). These are Master only nodes.
Data Only Nodes : 4 (2 regular nad 2 preemptible instances)
Number of shards : 8
Number of replica sets : 2

• Start a new machine
  • Install elasticsearch
  • Configure elasticsearch as per documentation
  • Start elasticsearch

And repeat that again.

Well thank you , but i want to do it in same machine , is it possible or i am going wrong ?

It is.
Specifically if you have more than 64gb of RAM available, then I'd start 2 nodes with 30gb heap each and one tie breaker master only node with 4 or 8gb. Is it the case?

If not, I don't see a lot of value of doing so.
Why do you want to do this?

ohh well i don't have 64gb of RAM , let me explain you whole scenario i am using google cloud platform and my senior ask me to configure elasticsearch with the above requirement , requirement as i mentioned above with cluster node 6 and all. so i thought first i should practice to add the node in my own machine then i will shift to google cloud but as you tell we need 64gb of RAM to do this, but i don't have 64GB of RAM.

also tried steps of this link but it not worked or may be i did something wrong, can you please go through this link and tell is this the right way to complete my task.

https://www.elastic.co/guide/en/elastic-stack-overview/6.5/encrypting-communications-hosts.html

The easiest thing to do is to create a cluster on cloud.elastic.co on GCP platform in the same region you have your other services running and just set the memory size that you need.

Why 6 nodes are needed in your case? Do you know?

1 Like

Ok so you are asking me to set the size of GCP instance i mean system memory size ?
Sorry i don't know about that. But i will ask.
or is there any way to allocate memory to nodes like each node will take 1GB or something , i know i am asking very silly question.

I did not mean anything like that.

Again:

Why 6 nodes are needed in your case? Do you know?

What is the output of:

GET /
GET /_cat/nodes?v
GET /_cat/health?v
GET /_cat/indices?v

If some outputs are too big, please share them on gist.github.com and link them here.

i am sharing screenshot is it ok?

soon i will tell about 6 nodes let me ask my senior and sorry for delay

Please don't post images of text as they are hardly readable and not searchable.

Instead paste the text and format it with </> icon. Check the preview window.

You don't have any data?
While you are asking questions, could you also ask why you are starting with a 6.5 version instead of 7.2?

output of the command that you asked for :
https://gist.github.com/ayush-ashu/4db540b956a33a5cb170fd422e703b55

and i asked about nodes , he simply replied that we are handling very large data that's why need 6 node(Although he was also not sure).

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.