I have built a beat and now i would like to test it on ES. How to?

Could you please share resources on how to test a beat on Elastic Search & Kibana for storing metrics and monitoring ?

Start elasticsearch
Start your beat

And that should be ok

I started local elastic server and ran beat. After showing few events on console Beat threw following exception

`goroutine 24 [running]:`
`panic(0x4be640, 0xc4201d6440)`
`/usr/local/go/src/runtime/panic.go:500 +0x1a1`
`github.com/deepujain/nvidiagpubeat/vendor/github.com/elastic/beats/libbeat/outputs/elasticsearch.eventBulkMeta(0x7c4340, 0xc42015c940, 0x0, 0xc4201dc7e0, 0x0, 0x567edc, 0x34)`

And Elastic server threw
[2017-03-18T08:59:14,396][WARN ][o.e.c.r.a.DiskThresholdMonitor] [lyCrftU] high disk watermark [90%] exceeded on [lyCrftU3SSiJPNZg9A4G-Q][lyCrftU][/Users/beats_dev/beats/src/github.com/deepujain/elastic/elasticsearch-5.2.2/data/nodes/0] free: 41.8gb[9%], shards will be relocated away from this node

1. Have i run out of disk space ? How do i clean up.
  2. Beat was running just for few seconds and it ran out of space very quickly, is there a way i can increase elastic search size limits ?
  3. Assuming disk error is resolved, where do i see ingested data ?

For the beat exception, I'd open an issue in beats project or ask on #beats forum.

Elasticsearch just warns here and it does not have any effect on beat. Just that replicas won't be assigned on your nodes.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.