IllegalArgumentException[Unknown client name [gcs]

Hello World!

I'm trying to get started with Getting started | Elasticsearch Plugins and Integrations [6.8] | Elastic yet running into the following issue:

{
  "error": {
    "root_cause": [
      {
        "type": "repository_verification_exception",
        "reason": "[gcs] [[13MGxSQmSH2Oyq7-AXcAZw, 'RemoteTransportException[[X][X.X.X.X:9300][internal:admin/repository/verify]]; nested: RepositoryException[[gcs] cannot create blob store]; nested: BlobStoreException[Unable to check if bucket [XYZ] exists]; nested: IllegalArgumentException[Unknown client name [gcs]. Existing client configs: default];']]"
      }
    ],
    "type": "repository_verification_exception",
    "reason": "[gcs] [[13MGxSQmSH2Oyq7-AXcAZw, 'RemoteTransportException[[X][X.X.X.X:9300][internal:admin/repository/verify]]; nested: RepositoryException[[gcs] cannot create blob store]; nested: BlobStoreException[Unable to check if bucket [XYZ] exists]; nested: IllegalArgumentException[Unknown client name [gcs]. Existing client configs: default];']]"
  },
  "status": 500
}

My actual request:

PUT _snapshot/gcs
{
  "type": "gcs",
  "settings": {
    "base_path": "6",
    "bucket": "XYZ",
    "client": "gcs"
  }
}

I use "default" client to access to another GCP bucket (which works without any issues).

Please advise)
Thanks!

.. It turns out to be one of the data nodes didn't get update properly, so it was missing that client info and that's why it i was getting that message..

way to check it:

[root@91d67f59c216 elasticsearch]# ./bin/elasticsearch-keystore list | grep ^gcs
gcs.client.default.credentials_file
gcs.client.gcs.credentials_file
[root@91d67f59c216 elasticsearch]#
1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.