Import Json file by using Sense Interface

Hi

I'm new in elasticsearch. I have created a new index and defined its mapping .
I want to import a json file from my computer into elasticsearch by using sense in order to analyze it in kibaba. How can I do it?

Thanks

What does the JSON file look like?

If you have a lot of docs, you can use Bulk API for that. But note that you need headers.

My json file looks like as following:
[{"id" : 24567, "source" : "Personal" , "startTime" : "2015-05-04 19:05:53"....},{"id" : 24568, "source" : "Personal" ,"startTime" : "2015-05-04 20:05:53"....},{"id" : 24569, "source" : "Personal" , "startTime" : "2015-05-04 19:10:53"....} ,...]

And number of document is very high (around 3 million)
when I am using the following code in sense , It is not working

POST /my_index -d @"C:\MyComputer...\file.json"

But the point is, how can i use Bulk API in sense and add the headers ?

thank you so much for your help

Sense is not intended to send 3m records. That's "just" a console to play with/manage elasticsearch.

Can you generate your 3m documents in another format than this one?
If not, it means that you will have to pre-process them with something like Logstash or any ETL tool you like.

If you can, that's better.

Generate in that case a file which is looking like:

{ "index" : { "_id" : "24567" } }
{"id" : 24567, "source" : "Personal" , "startTime" : "2015-05-04 19:05:53"....}
{ "index" : { "_id" : "24568" } }
{"id" : 24568, "source" : "Personal" ,"startTime" : "2015-05-04 20:05:53"....}

Generate a file for every 10000 doc for example. Then you can send those files using a curl command (although it could be hard on windows!).

If you generate one file per document, you could also use fscrawler with this option: https://github.com/dadoonet/fscrawler#indexing-json-docs but I'm unsure it will work well for 3m docs...

Another question is where is this data coming from? That might change the answer I'm giving...

Thank you so much for your quick response.
About format of document, I can say that:

The data is an output of R and the original format is .Rdata . I converted this format to .json in R to import into elasticsearch. But I can have .txt and .csv format of data file.

You would be better of using Logstash, or something else.