Import .log file in elasticsearch and Kibana

I have this .log file with JSON and it looks like this

{"method":"GET","path":"/public/index","format":"html","controller":"public","action":"index","status":200,"duration":84.59,"view":33.7,"db":47.45,"ip":"127.0.0.1","route":"public#index","request_id":"4d7016832294bafa8f593453eed2adb1","source":"unknown","tags":["request"],"@timestamp":"2018-11-09T22:54:06Z","@version":"1"}
{"method":"GET","path":"/public/index","format":"html","controller":"public","action":"index","status":200,"duration":15.44,"view":13.85,"db":0.91,"ip":null,"route":null,"request_id":null,"source":"unknown","tags":["request"],"@timestamp":"2018-11-09T22:54:28Z","@version":"1"}
{"method":"GET","path":"/public/index","format":"html","controller":"public","action":"index","status":200,"duration":13.86,"view":12.47,"db":0.8,"ip":null,"route":null,"request_id":null,"source":"unknown","tags":["request"],"@timestamp":"2018-11-09T22:54:40Z","@version":"1"}

and i try to import this in elasticsearch and Kibana. I tried with this code in command line

curl -XPOST "http://localhost:9200/test/test" -H "Content-Type: application/json" -d @logfile.log

and i get this error

{"error":{"root_cause":[{"type":"mapper_parsing_exception","reason":"failed to parse"}],"type":"mapper_parsing_exception","reason":"failed to parse","caused_by":{"type":"illegal_argument_exception","reason":"Malformed content, found extra data after parsing: START_OBJECT"}},"status":400}

and when i look in Kibana I see this

what i am doing wrong?

There are multiple documents in your file and not only one document.
You need to send only one document or use the bulk API but you'll need to change the file content to conform with bulk format.

thanks @dadoonet
how would i use the bulk format and how should look the file?

I am using the logstasher gem (i have a rails app)
can I change the config that i get the right format ?

https://www.elastic.co/guide/en/elasticsearch/reference/current/docs-bulk.html

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.