Include Wildcard in index

Hello,

I want to know it's is posible to includ a wildcard parameter when I create an index ?

I know that I can use a wildcard to filter on a visualization, but I can specify in the index to not have to specify in the filter bar: hel ==> Hello

I searched if exist any filter or token, but I don't find anything.

Thanks.

Not sure if I understood your question correctly, but for example I can have an index called foo-* and when i select it, on the discover page i will get logs from **foo-**2017.07.11, **foo-**2017.07.04 etc

Hello,

when I create a new visualization, I can searxh any data or text in any field. For example i search oh and kibaana return all registers than contain this letters. for example Name:John.

My doubt is if there is any way to don't especific this parameter '*' when i search something, and specify it previously in my index and after only search 'oh' and kibaana return the same results?

Thanks.

I don't think so. Using your example, if you don't search for oh* (if you don't include the windcard), kibana will assume that you are expecting the logs containing only the oh and nothing else, so you won't get the same results.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.