Index lifecycle for multi-tenant app with different tiers

Hi team!

Got a question that I ve been thinking about for the past couple of days but can't come up with an elegant solution.

We have a multi-tenant app. Many users are accessing a cloud software. Different users have different pricing tiers: free, pro, enterprise. Different tiers have different data retention, e.g. free = 14 days, pro = 30 days, enterprise = 60 days. Numbers and examples are all made up.

I would like to be able to introduce this logic as part of our index lifecycle . I was thinking that I introduce the tier as part of the index name. (e.g. rawdata-free, rawdata-pro etc.) I assume this will work fine but someone may jump tiers by purchasing, upgrading, downgrading etc.

The next - not so elegant solution - is to do this manually. Use the delete by query api and delete documents conditionally within the index. Not great as there will be TBs of data in a month (and not on the same index)

Anything else I should be using?

It should work, yes.
You would need to work out the complexities of changes in levels yourself though.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.