I am trying to create the index "indexname" in Kibana with the following command:
curl -H 'Content-Type: application/x-ndjson' -XPOST 'localhost:9200/indexname/_bulk?pretty' --data-binary @file.json
Then I create the index pattern and when I assess it with “GET /_cat/indices?v” I get:
yellow open indexname uuid-uoZxtnXnYROA 1 1 100 0 12.5kb
My index looks fine, isn’t it?
Usually the first time I send the file to my index (which creates the index) it works well, BUT not always.
Then I try to update the index with :
curl -H 'Content-Type: application/x-ndjson' -XPOST 'localhost:9200/indexname/_bulk?pretty' --data-binary @otherfile.json
Two different things happen in Kibana :
- No more data are available in visualize or dashboard no matter the time range
- Sometimes there is only my previous data, but not my new updated one
I also tried with “curl -H 'Content-Type: application/x-ndjson' -XPUT 'localhost:9200/indexname/_bulk?pretty' --data-binary @otherfile.json” for the bad same result.
- Running my Elastic Stack with Docker on Linux virtual machine
- Tried to delete and recreate my index several times
- My json file format:
- I choose “date” at Time Filter field name when I create my index
Can you please help me? Thank you.