Ingest Geoip Plugin fails on update to 5.5

Hi all,

I just update one of our ES nodes to 5.5.0, but I can't update the ingest-geoip plugin. Even if I try to use https://artifacts.elastic.co/downloads/elasticsearch-plugins/ingest-geoip/ingest-geoip-5.5.0.zip for an offline installation it ends with:

-> Downloading file:///home/administrator/ingest-geoip-5.5.0.zip
[=================================================] 100%   
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: plugin [ingest-user-agent] is incompatible with version [5.5.0]; was designed for version [5.4.1]
	at org.elasticsearch.plugins.PluginInfo.readFromProperties(PluginInfo.java:146)
	at org.elasticsearch.plugins.PluginsService.getPluginBundles(PluginsService.java:331)
	at org.elasticsearch.plugins.InstallPluginCommand.jarHellCheck(InstallPluginCommand.java:518)
	at org.elasticsearch.plugins.InstallPluginCommand.verify(InstallPluginCommand.java:500)
	at org.elasticsearch.plugins.InstallPluginCommand.install(InstallPluginCommand.java:543)
	at org.elasticsearch.plugins.InstallPluginCommand.execute(InstallPluginCommand.java:217)
	at org.elasticsearch.plugins.InstallPluginCommand.execute(InstallPluginCommand.java:201)
	at org.elasticsearch.cli.EnvironmentAwareCommand.execute(EnvironmentAwareCommand.java:67)
	at org.elasticsearch.cli.Command.mainWithoutErrorHandling(Command.java:122)
	at org.elasticsearch.cli.MultiCommand.execute(MultiCommand.java:69)
	at org.elasticsearch.cli.Command.mainWithoutErrorHandling(Command.java:122)
	at org.elasticsearch.cli.Command.main(Command.java:88)
	at org.elasticsearch.plugins.PluginCli.main(PluginCli.java:47)

Is this a know issue? Or am I doing something wrong?

Regards,
Peter

Sorry - reading the error helps, it's the other plugin that's old. My apologies.

It's ok, I've done that as well :wink:

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.