Exception in thread "main" java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Plugin [ingest-user-agent] is incompatible with Elasticsearch [5.3.2]. Was designed for version [5.3.1]

[root@elk-stack filebeat]# /usr/share/elasticsearch/bin/elasticsearch-plugin install ingest-geoip
-> Downloading ingest-geoip from elastic
[=================================================] 100%
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Plugin [ingest-user-agent] is incompatible with Elasticsearch [5.3.2]. Was designed for version [5.3.1]
at org.elasticsearch.plugins.PluginInfo.readFromProperties(PluginInfo.java:108)
at org.elasticsearch.plugins.PluginsService.getPluginBundles(PluginsService.java:289)
at org.elasticsearch.plugins.InstallPluginCommand.jarHellCheck(InstallPluginCommand.java:459)
at org.elasticsearch.plugins.InstallPluginCommand.verify(InstallPluginCommand.java:440)
at org.elasticsearch.plugins.InstallPluginCommand.install(InstallPluginCommand.java:482)
at org.elasticsearch.plugins.InstallPluginCommand.execute(InstallPluginCommand.java:208)
at org.elasticsearch.plugins.InstallPluginCommand.execute(InstallPluginCommand.java:192)
at org.elasticsearch.cli.EnvironmentAwareCommand.execute(EnvironmentAwareCommand.java:58)
at org.elasticsearch.cli.Command.mainWithoutErrorHandling(Command.java:122)
at org.elasticsearch.cli.MultiCommand.execute(MultiCommand.java:69)
at org.elasticsearch.cli.Command.mainWithoutErrorHandling(Command.java:122)
at org.elasticsearch.cli.Command.main(Command.java:88)
at org.elasticsearch.plugins.PluginCli.main(PluginCli.java:47)

The log is strange here.

You ran elasticsearch-plugin install ingest-geoip but it fails with ingest-user-agent?

Are you sure you are sharing exactly what you did?

sorry,is i make a mistake, i use yum update elk, but the plugins(ingest-geoip,ingest-user-agent) need reinstall.

when i remove the plugins,then reinstall them .it's be works.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.