I'm trying to develop two new modules for filebeat, but ran into issues as I was trying to update my pipelines after some trial and error. It seems like they don't update like they should, so this could be a potential issue in filebeat.
A previous topic suggested running
filebeat setup. I did this, but had no effect.
The create a module tutorial also suggests running
filebeat setup --pipelines to force the update, but this also made no difference.
I managed to get my updated pipelines and get my modules working eventually by manually sending the pipeline via the dev console in kibana (using the ingest api).
Version: 6.3.2 (based off the 6.3.2 tag on github repo).