Install Basic License Error ES 2.2

I have just upgraded to ES 2.2 and installed Marvel 2.2
However I am unable to install the basic license and I am receiving an error.
I am not able to get the issue statement.. I could install the license with ES 2.1 earlier.
Pls help

curl -XPUT http://10.0.148.65:9200/_license?acknowledge=true -d @venkatesh_feb16.json

{"error":{"root_cause":[{"type":"invalid_index_name_exception","reason":"Invalid index name [license], must not start with ''","index":"_license"}],"type":"invalid_index_name_exception","reason":"Invalid index name [license], must not start with ''","index":"_license"},"status":400}[elkadm@jkmmsyslogsvr software]$

Hi Venkatesh,

That error implies that the license plugin isn't installed. Did you restart your Elasticsearch node(s) after installing the Marvel and License plugins?

Thanks,
Steve

Hi Steve
Yes. It is installed.

Not able to understand where is the issue

Hi Venkatesh,

There are two sides to Elasticsearch Java plugins that you need to consider:

1. Are they installed.
  2. Are they running.

Installing is only the first step to ensuring that the node is actually using the plugin. Because Java plugins (aka, not _site plugins) actually add code to Elasticsearch, they cannot be dynamically added to a running instance of Elasticsearch. As a result, the only way to run those newly installed plugins is to restart the node.

To verify that the node has been restarted with those plugins installed, it's as simple as running

$ curl -XGET localhost:9200/_cat/plugins?v

If you do not see the plugin listed next to every node here, then it's not installed or running correctly.

Hope that helps,
Chris

Thanks Steve. Your suggestions/steps helped to resolve. Again a new learning for me :slightly_smiling: