Install ES Docker Compose

hello, i'm new here and i want to ask something.

i've install ES using docker compose with tutorial on the docs. but the container won't run status exited and i found message like this .

[root@s1 ~]# docker ps -a
CONTAINER ID IMAGE COMMAND CREATED STATUS PORTS NAMES
44600ac939ca docker.elastic.co/elasticsearch/elasticsearch:6.5.1 "/usr/local/bin/dock…" About a minute ago Exited (137) About a minute ago elasticsearch
bf50d8d7c0bb docker.elastic.co/elasticsearch/elasticsearch:6.5.1 "/usr/local/bin/dock…" About a minute ago Exited (137) About a minute ago elasticsearch2
[root@s1 ~]# docker logs elasticsearch
OpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM warning: Option UseConcMarkSweepGC was deprecated in version 9.0 and will likely be removed in a future release.
OpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM warning: UseAVX=2 is not supported on this CPU, setting it to UseAVX=1

what suppose i'm to do with this?

thanks!

Hi,

Let me ask a few questions to see if we can figure out what's going on:

Is that the complete log?
Does the container have access to enough memory?
Are you running this in a virtual machine (ie. are you using Windows or MacOS?).
What documentation, specifically, are you reading?

Thanks.

hi,

-maybe ... yes, it's the log but not complete log..
-around 1GB, is it okay?
-i use VM with CENTOS 7 and install docker to it .
-i read directly from docs of docker elasticsearch

thanks for your reply

1GB? That's probably not enough.

Exit code 137 means that somebody sent SIGKILL to Elasticsearch. It was probably the OOM Killer.

EDIT: Check the output of dmesg for evidence of the OOM killer in action.

oh boy,
so what minimum requirement for docker elastic? 2GB ? or more?

sorry, cus docker container status has exited.. i cant dmesg it.

dmesg operates on the kernel so it doesn't mind that the container process has died. Just run it on the host.

2GB is a better bet. You could also try tuning the heap size down if you're just experimenting.

https://www.elastic.co/guide/en/elasticsearch/reference/current/heap-size.html

ohh.. i see i see .

maybe i want to try it first ..

thank you for the advice !! sorry if i ask again if i found an error :smile:

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.