Install Previous Versions from Apt-Get Repositories?

I need to add a node to my cluster but see that the version available from the apt-get respository (I'm using Ubuntu 16.04) defaults to the current version 5.1.1. I've tried using:

apt-get install elasticsearch=5.0.0 but it reports no such version is available.

apt-cache policy elasticsearch confirms this.

Any suggestions for how to get a specific, non-current version of elasticsearch on a cluster node? I would really like to use apt-get/respository rather than extracting from the tar.gz if possible.

I'm sorry that you're running into this, but this is a known issue: https://github.com/elastic/elasticsearch/issues/21943

You can download the previous deb distribution, but at this time installing from the repository will not be possible. Also, even if you can't upgrade to 5.1.1 at this time, I recommend that you at least go to 5.0.2 as there are important bug fixes in 5.0.1 and 5.0.2. :slight_smile:

Jason,

Thank you so much. The .deb location is exactly what I was looking for but not finding.

You're very welcome.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.