Installation errors on Raspberry Pi 2

I have troubles installing Logstash on my Raspberry Pi.

1. APT
    Cannot connect to the APT, using
    echo "deb https://artifacts.elastic.co/packages/6.x/apt stable main" | tee -a /etc/apt/sources.list.d/elastic-6.x.list
    it cannot find the correct processot configuration "armhf":

W: Failed to fetch https://artifacts.elastic.co/packages/6.x/apt/dists/stable/Release Unable to find expected entry 'main/binary-armhf/Packages' in Release file (Wrong sources.list entry or malformed file)

1. DEB
    Trying to install from a downloaded DEB package, get the following errors:

Using provided startup.options file: /etc/logstash/startup.options
OpenJDK Zero VM warning: TieredCompilation is disabled in this release.
/usr/share/logstash/bin/system-install: line 88: Error: command not found
chmod: cannot access ‘/etc/default/logstash’: No such file or directory
dpkg: error processing package logstash (--install):
subprocess installed post-installation script returned error exit status 1
Errors were encountered while processing:
logstash

The affecting command is $(ruby_exec …).

1. From source
    Installed openjdk-8-jdk (openjdk version "1.8.0_40-internal"), ruby (ruby 2.1.5p273 (2014-11-13) [arm-linux-gnueabihf]), jruby (jruby 1.5.6 (ruby 1.8.7 patchlevel 249) (2014-11-02 6586) (OpenJDK Zero VM 1.8.0_40-internal) [arm-java]), rake, bundle
    Fetched the code from GitHub - elastic/logstash: Logstash - transport and process your logs, events, or other data
    export OSS=true
    Executing rake bootstrap complains:

Unable to find JRuby.
If you are a user, this is a bug.
If you are a developer, please run 'rake bootstrap'. Running 'rake' requires the 'ruby' program be available.

What am I missing?

Logstash only supports x86_64 cpu's, not ARM cpu's. I believe it is possible to get Logstash running on ARM as well but you'll have to google for some guides.

There are mentionings of Logstash running on Raspberry on the Internet, but they all refer to pre-6 versions. The three methods I described derive from those articles. For the latest versions - there are no guides, therefore I'm writing here. I would appreciate some help.
I deem it should be possible - it's just string processing. Even Metricbeat is running on my Raspberry, so Logstash should be too, I just need the right setup to compile it, I guess. What am I missing in my toolbox?

I'm no Linux expert so I doubt I'll be of much use but have you tried recompiling as recommended in many of the guides for older versions?

https://benjaminknofe.com/blog/2016/05/29/installing-logstash-on-a-raspberry-pi/

I looked into this a year ago but eventually decided against putting any time into it as its A) not officially supported B) probably quite slow and C) x86 can be had so cheap these days it didn't really warrant the time and effort to try and get Logstash running on ARM.

I couldn't install it from the DEB package (see above). The article refers to version 2.3.2, by the way.
I checked many articles, which led me to the three installation methods, all of which failed for reasons unclear to me.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.