Logstash-5.0.0.deb not installing correctly on Raspbian 8

Hi,

I'm trying to get logstash installed on my Rpi. I got an error at installation and when running "sudo dpkg-reconfigure logstash". The error is the following :
Using provided startup.options file: /etc/logstash/startup.options Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM warning: TieredCompilation is disabled in this release. Sending all logs to /tmp/tmp.X4aZcY19iH /usr/share/logstash/vendor/bundle/jruby/1.9/gems/pleaserun-0.0.24/lib/pleaserun/installer.rb:46 warning: executable? does not in this environment and will return a dummy value Successfully created system startup script for Logstash

Googling shows that pleaserun is related to init script creation and the installation is actually missing init.d startup script.

Is there a way to correct this problem ?

Regards,
Dominique

Add 1: just to not that there is no /tmp/tmp.X4aZcY19iH file and the /var/log/dpkg.log does not contain information on the error.

Hi,

Though the error/warning on dpkg-reconfigure, it seems that "/etc/systemd/system/logstash.service" is present and that I can 'sudo service logstash start'.

After corrected some errors in "/var/log/syslog" and "/var/log/logstash/logstash-plain.log", I get a '[2016-11-09T14:19:21,240][INFO ][logstash.agent ] Successfully started Logstash API endpoint {:port=>9600}'

Sorry to post in the first place as this was not a problem.

Regards,
Dom

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.