Installed 6.6 -- Could not find java; set JAVA_HOME or ensure java is in PATH

Hi,

I just installed Elastic Search 6.6. I ran it and it worked fine until I tried again a few hours later:

# /export1/opt/ELK_Bin/elasticsearch-6.6.1/bin/elasticsearch
which: no java in (/usr/lib64/qt-3.3/bin:/usr/local/sbin:/bin:/usr/bin:/sbin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/X11R6/bin)
could not find java; set JAVA_HOME or ensure java is in PATH
[Dev root @ vm-63f1-8c50 /export1/opt/ELK_Bin]
# echo $JAVA_HOME
/export/opt/jdk/1.8.0_25l64/

The logs I got usually showed up on the console and now I can't even see what the larger issue is.
Java is installed and this has started up before. I'm not sure what went wrong...

(Tim Vernum) #2

That error is usually pretty conclusive, so it looks like something changed that means we can't find your java binary.

A few options to try:

1. Has the JAVA_HOME variable been exported to child processes?
    Try the command below. If it doesn't find JAVA_HOME then you have a problem with your shell environment

env | fgrep JAVA

2. Does the JAVA_HOME variable point to a valid directory with a valid binary?

ls -l $JAVA_HOME $JAVA_HOME/bin/java

(Jiantao Wu) #3

My env is ubuntu. I have same problem.The first commandfgrep JAVA is not result.But the second command can find the java dir.
But, I still have the err Could not find java; set JAVA_HOME or ensure java is in PATH

(David Pilato) #4

You also asked at Could not find java; set JAVA_HOME or ensure java is in PATH in ubuntu which is I think the right place for your question. Let's keep the discussion there.

(system) closed #5

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.