Installed Rally, but it won't run & I can't find the install

Mac OS X, Sierra. All prereqs verified, ran install, no errors, but 'esrally configure' returns "command not found".
No ~/.rally directory

I'm looking in docs, getting started, no useful clues there.
Any help appreciated!

Update:
So I re-ran with -verbose and log, and the output included paths for package installs:

> pip3 install esrally --verbose --log ./pip3.log
Requirement already satisfied (use --upgrade to upgrade): esrally in /Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/3.5/lib/python3.5/site-packages

So I checked the packages directory but no joy finding an "esrally" executable or script.
Re-reading the install doc, it suggests that "sudo" may be needed, so re-ran install w/sudo...

The directory '/Users/woodford/Library/Caches/pip/http' or its parent directory is not owned by the current user and the cache has been disabled. Please check the permissions and owner of that directory. If executing pip with sudo, you may want sudo's -H flag.

I'm not sure if this is an error or not, but decide to re-run w -H flag. No errors, esrally still 'command not found'

Uninstalled esrally, reinstalled with sudo -H. Now it runs!

Hi @Woodford,

as per your last remark it seems to work now:

I've never heard of this behavior so far (and I also did not try on Sierra yet) but thanks for your report. I'll keep that in mind in case there are more reports.

Daniel

Thanks DMD!
It would be great if the output were more descriptive, and/or also ran a test for correct installation before exiting. (yes, pull requests welcome. I'm doing some more testing before I decide if/what to attack.)

Hi @Woodford,

As far as I understand the output, it's coming from the shell, because it cannot find the binary so I fear there is not a whole lot that we can do from a Rally perspective. :frowning: However, if I experience this problem also, I can at least add a hint to the docs.

Daniel