Installing Elastic Agent on Kubernetes doesn't come up as healthy - managed by Elastic Fleet

So, I'm trying to install the elastic agent on Kubernetes via the daemonset manifest files found here.

I'm providing the FLEET_URL and FLEET_ENROLLMENT_TOKEN, and after the first seconds the agents show up as healthy on the Fleet UI of Kibana. But, after a couple of minutes they go to Unhealthy and eventually offline. The errors I'm seeing are:

18:33:15.472
elastic_agent
[elastic_agent][warn] Component state changed endpoint-default (STARTING->DEGRADED): Degraded: endpoint service missed 1 check-in
18:34:15.478
elastic_agent
[elastic_agent][error] Component state changed endpoint-default (DEGRADED->FAILED): Failed: endpoint service missed 3 check-ins
elastic_agent
[elastic_agent][error] Unit state changed endpoint-default-00d9d3db-473f-4911-ae11-86bd3c022631 (STARTING->FAILED): Failed: endpoint service missed 3 check-ins
elastic_agent
[elastic_agent][error] Unit state changed endpoint-default (STARTING->FAILED): Failed: endpoint service missed 3 check-ins

Any idea?

Apparently, elastic-agent can run on Kubernetes but the endpoint security cannot.

To me it seems that consecutively, the whole elastic-agent cannot run in Kubernetes as there's no option (?) to disable the endpoint security.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.