If I install X-Pack on a Logstash 5.3.2 with this command:
/usr/share/logstash/bin/logstash-plugin install --version 5.3.0 x-pack
it installs version 5.3.2.
You will now say, that this is correct as I am using Logstash 5.3.2 but when using Puppet to do so you run in serious problems. What happens is:
- I told puppet to install 5.3.0 (which is wrong)
- Puppet checked the version of the installed x-pack, as no x-pack is installed it comes back empty
- Puppet installes with the above command
- X-Pack v5.3.2 is installed
Next Puppet run:
- Puppet checks the version and gets v5.3.2 which is != v5.3.0
- Puppet installs v5.3.0 with above command, wich again install v5.3.2
This happens in an endles loop and restarts Logstash over and over everytime Puppet runs.
My question: Why don't I get the version I want to install or at least an error message?
Thank you for your help,