Interested in contributing to Elasticsearch for GSOC 2019

Hey guys.

I am 3rd year student pursuing Computer Science and Engineering at IIT Guwahati, India. I was interested in contributing to Elasticsearch for GSOC 2019. Should I follow last year's guide https://github.com/elastic/gsoc as initial starting point? Is there any updated wiki?

Thanks,
Vivek

Thanks for your interest! We haven't fully decided yet if we'll be participating again and then we still need to be accepted into the program. So while we always value contributions and those play an important part in your submission, we can't promise anything at the moment. We will only know for sure once the organizations for 2019 are officially announced :slight_smile:

PS: It's not just guys around here :wink:

Thanks for replying and info.

hello all,
I am a second year B.tech student, interested to contribute to elastic Search in gsoc 2019
So, is elastic applying this year again

thanks
Lovesh

Right now we are gathering projects and mentors. No final outcome yet, but we'll probably apply again. But if we'll be selected is a different story — no guarantees. I'm afraid we will have to wait for the announcement of organizations to be certain.

Sorry for not providing a direct yes / no answer, but we just don't know yet :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hello, I'm a third-year student from Pune City and am interested to contribute to your organization in GSoC 2019. I'm a novice so will you mentor me as I really don't have a good experience but would love to put in all my efforts. Also, what can I do on my behalf to gain your faith and trust in me?

Like I said above:

1. We don't know yet if we'll be part of GSoC 2019.
  2. PRs are always welcome and one of the main items for submitting — our repos have good first issue labels.

Thank you so much