Investigating reindexing error (1.7 -> 5.6)

Hi,

I am trying to reindex my 1.7.5 ES cluster into a 5.6 one using Reindex API. While most indices are migrated successfully, for one of them I am getting the following error:

org.elasticsearch.ElasticsearchException: Error parsing the response, remote is likely not an Elasticsearch instance
(...)
Caused by: org.elasticsearch.common.ParsingException: [search_response] failed to parse field [hits]
(...)
Caused by: com.fasterxml.jackson.core.JsonParseException: Unexpected character (':' (code 58)): was expecting comma to separate Array entries

Since each time reindexing process for this particular index reaches around 80% completeness and then the error is shown, I suspect there is a document in the index that's causing the problem.

How can I investigate this case? I was trying to find logged search responses (from source to target) but with no success. Source node is logging search requests, but these don't contain any valuable information.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.