Is 0.90.3 release planned anytime soon?

Hi,

is new release planned soon?

Regards,
Lukas

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "elasticsearch" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to elasticsearch+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.

I am also quite curious on this.
Also when is 1.0.0 planned to be released.

Thanks
Vineeth

On Wed, Jul 31, 2013 at 8:25 PM, Lukáš Vlček lukas.vlcek@gmail.com wrote:

Hi,

is new release planned soon?

Regards,
Lukas

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
"elasticsearch" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an
email to elasticsearch+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "elasticsearch" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to elasticsearch+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.

+1

Of course, it begs the question... is there a public roadmap posted
somewhere? Github doesn't seem to have issues organized by milestone,
presently.

On Wednesday, July 31, 2013 10:55:36 AM UTC-4, Lukáš Vlček wrote:

Hi,

is new release planned soon?

Regards,
Lukas

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "elasticsearch" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to elasticsearch+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.

The current POM in master is 1.0.0.Beta1-SNAPSHOT...

Am 31.07.13 21:03, schrieb Roy Russo:

+1

Of course, it begs the question... is there a public roadmap posted
somewhere? Github doesn't seem to have issues organized by milestone,
presently.

On Wednesday, July 31, 2013 10:55:36 AM UTC-4, Lukáš Vlček wrote:

Hi,

is new release planned soon?

Regards,
Lukas

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Groups "elasticsearch" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send
an email to elasticsearch+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "elasticsearch" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to elasticsearch+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.

Yes, but that is because you can not have two versions in single POM. I am
sure 0.90.3 will be released before 1.0.0._whatever.

On Wed, Jul 31, 2013 at 10:49 PM, Oliver B. Fischer
mailsink@swe-blog.netwrote:

The current POM in master is 1.0.0.Beta1-SNAPSHOT...

Am 31.07.13 21:03, schrieb Roy Russo:

+1

Of course, it begs the question... is there a public roadmap posted
somewhere? Github doesn't seem to have issues organized by milestone,
presently.

On Wednesday, July 31, 2013 10:55:36 AM UTC-4, Lukáš Vlček wrote:

Hi,

is new release planned soon?

Regards,
Lukas

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Groups "elasticsearch" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send
an email to elasticsearch+unsubscribe@**googlegroups.comelasticsearch%2Bunsubscribe@googlegroups.com
.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/**groups/opt_outhttps://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out
.

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
"elasticsearch" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an
email to elasticsearch+unsubscribe@**googlegroups.comelasticsearch%2Bunsubscribe@googlegroups.com
.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/**groups/opt_outhttps://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out
.

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "elasticsearch" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to elasticsearch+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.

Most of the issues on github have been tagged both 0.90.3 and 1.0.0.Beta1.

The beauty of distributed VCS like git is that you can work on a branch
without syncing with a master repository. The bad part is that you don't
see all those changes in a master repo. :slight_smile: My guess is that most of the big
changes, such as the new aggregation framework, is inside some private repo
not yet merged into master.

--
Ivan

On Wed, Jul 31, 2013 at 5:20 PM, Lukáš Vlček lukas.vlcek@gmail.com wrote:

Yes, but that is because you can not have two versions in single POM. I am
sure 0.90.3 will be released before 1.0.0._whatever.

On Wed, Jul 31, 2013 at 10:49 PM, Oliver B. Fischer <mailsink@swe-blog.net

wrote:

The current POM in master is 1.0.0.Beta1-SNAPSHOT...

Am 31.07.13 21:03, schrieb Roy Russo:

+1

Of course, it begs the question... is there a public roadmap posted
somewhere? Github doesn't seem to have issues organized by milestone,
presently.

On Wednesday, July 31, 2013 10:55:36 AM UTC-4, Lukáš Vlček wrote:

Hi,

is new release planned soon?

Regards,
Lukas

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Groups "elasticsearch" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send
an email to elasticsearch+unsubscribe@**googlegroups.comelasticsearch%2Bunsubscribe@googlegroups.com
.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/**groups/opt_outhttps://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out
.

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
"elasticsearch" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an
email to elasticsearch+unsubscribe@**googlegroups.comelasticsearch%2Bunsubscribe@googlegroups.com
.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/**groups/opt_outhttps://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out
.

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
"elasticsearch" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an
email to elasticsearch+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "elasticsearch" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to elasticsearch+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.

Ivan,

When you say "issues on github have been tagged both 0.90.3 and
1.0.0.Beta1", do you mean tagged-on-commit? ie. the community doesn't see
the affected version until push

The github UI doesn't show any issues under the version labels.
https://github.com/elasticsearch/elasticsearch/issues?labels=&milestone=&page=1&state=open ,
unless I'm blind... or dumb... or both. :wink:

On Wednesday, July 31, 2013 6:02:34 PM UTC-4, Ivan Brusic wrote:

Most of the issues on github have been tagged both 0.90.3 and 1.0.0.Beta1.

The beauty of distributed VCS like git is that you can work on a branch
without syncing with a master repository. The bad part is that you don't
see all those changes in a master repo. :slight_smile: My guess is that most of the big
changes, such as the new aggregation framework, is inside some private repo
not yet merged into master.

--
Ivan

On Wed, Jul 31, 2013 at 5:20 PM, Lukáš Vlček <lukas...@gmail.com<javascript:>

wrote:

Yes, but that is because you can not have two versions in single POM. I
am sure 0.90.3 will be released before 1.0.0._whatever.

On Wed, Jul 31, 2013 at 10:49 PM, Oliver B. Fischer <mail...@swe-blog.net<javascript:>

wrote:

The current POM in master is 1.0.0.Beta1-SNAPSHOT...

Am 31.07.13 21:03, schrieb Roy Russo:

+1

Of course, it begs the question... is there a public roadmap posted
somewhere? Github doesn't seem to have issues organized by milestone,
presently.

On Wednesday, July 31, 2013 10:55:36 AM UTC-4, Lukáš Vlček wrote:

Hi,

is new release planned soon?

Regards,
Lukas

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Groups "elasticsearch" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send
an email to elasticsearc...@**googlegroups.com <javascript:>.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/**groups/opt_outhttps://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out
.

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Groups "elasticsearch" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send
an email to elasticsearc...@**googlegroups.com <javascript:>.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/**groups/opt_outhttps://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out
.

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
"elasticsearch" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an
email to elasticsearc...@googlegroups.com <javascript:>.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "elasticsearch" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to elasticsearch+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.

Roy,

you can see that many of the 0.90.3 closed issues are labeled with both
"v0.90.3" and "v1.0.0.Beta1" here.

Jörg

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "elasticsearch" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to elasticsearch+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.

Ok, but this implies the issues are being labeled as they're
worked/committed? In other words, they aren't assigned to releases before
someone picks it up to work on.

... Sorry if I'm persistent, but knowing the roadmap (ball-park) release
dates and changes planned, helps me better plan elasticHQ... or foresee any
possible breakage.

On Thursday, August 1, 2013 4:28:54 PM UTC-4, Jörg Prante wrote:

Roy,

you can see that many of the 0.90.3 closed issues are labeled with both
"v0.90.3" and "v1.0.0.Beta1" here.

https://github.com/elasticsearch/elasticsearch/issues?labels=v0.90.3&milestone=&page=1&state=closed

Jörg

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "elasticsearch" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to elasticsearch+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.

If I understand correctly, the issues for 0.90.3 are all closed so there
should be no more serious obstacle for a release, and this is why Lukáš
asked.

To me it would also be fine if there was a schedule for the first 1.0.0
beta so I can reserve my time beforehand for plugin migration, new plugin
work, and adapting personal ES projects for moving to 1.0.0 final.

Jörg

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "elasticsearch" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to elasticsearch+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.

Normally, new version of Elasticsearch was released every month or so. So
the time has come again :slight_smile:

I am specifically looking forward to 0.90.3 because there is a small fix to
the Hunspell token filter. ("It is one small fix for a man, one giant leap
for mankind"). While we are at it I would like to see
#3275https://github.com/elasticsearch/elasticsearch/pull/3275being
closed before the next release too.

Regards,
Lukas

On Fri, Aug 2, 2013 at 9:11 AM, joergprante@gmail.com <joergprante@gmail.com

wrote:

If I understand correctly, the issues for 0.90.3 are all closed so there
should be no more serious obstacle for a release, and this is why Lukáš
asked.

To me it would also be fine if there was a schedule for the first 1.0.0
beta so I can reserve my time beforehand for plugin migration, new plugin
work, and adapting personal ES projects for moving to 1.0.0 final.

Jörg

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
"elasticsearch" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an
email to elasticsearch+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "elasticsearch" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to elasticsearch+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.

The next release is not too far out. I am looking into #3275 to get it into
0.90.3 as well

simon

On Friday, August 2, 2013 11:02:59 AM UTC+2, Lukáš Vlček wrote:

Normally, new version of Elasticsearch was released every month or so. So
the time has come again :slight_smile:

I am specifically looking forward to 0.90.3 because there is a small fix
to the Hunspell token filter. ("It is one small fix for a man, one giant
leap for mankind"). While we are at it I would like to see #3275https://github.com/elasticsearch/elasticsearch/pull/3275being closed before the next release too.

Regards,
Lukas

On Fri, Aug 2, 2013 at 9:11 AM, joerg...@gmail.com <javascript:> <
joerg...@gmail.com <javascript:>> wrote:

If I understand correctly, the issues for 0.90.3 are all closed so there
should be no more serious obstacle for a release, and this is why Lukáš
asked.

To me it would also be fine if there was a schedule for the first 1.0.0
beta so I can reserve my time beforehand for plugin migration, new plugin
work, and adapting personal ES projects for moving to 1.0.0 final.

Jörg

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
"elasticsearch" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an
email to elasticsearc...@googlegroups.com <javascript:>.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "elasticsearch" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to elasticsearch+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.

Thanks Simon,
let me know if you need me to update the PR in any way.
Lukas
Dne 2.8.2013 22:03 "simonw" simon.willnauer@elasticsearch.com napsal(a):

The next release is not too far out. I am looking into #3275 to get it
into 0.90.3 as well

simon

On Friday, August 2, 2013 11:02:59 AM UTC+2, Lukáš Vlček wrote:

Normally, new version of Elasticsearch was released every month or so. So
the time has come again :slight_smile:

I am specifically looking forward to 0.90.3 because there is a small fix
to the Hunspell token filter. ("It is one small fix for a man, one giant
leap for mankind"). While we are at it I would like to see #3275https://github.com/elasticsearch/elasticsearch/pull/3275being closed before the next release too.

Regards,
Lukas

On Fri, Aug 2, 2013 at 9:11 AM, joerg...@gmail.com joerg...@gmail.comwrote:

If I understand correctly, the issues for 0.90.3 are all closed so there
should be no more serious obstacle for a release, and this is why Lukáš
asked.

To me it would also be fine if there was a schedule for the first 1.0.0
beta so I can reserve my time beforehand for plugin migration, new plugin
work, and adapting personal ES projects for moving to 1.0.0 final.

Jörg

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Groups "elasticsearch" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send
an email to elasticsearc...@**googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/**groups/opt_outhttps://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out
.

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
"elasticsearch" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an
email to elasticsearch+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "elasticsearch" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to elasticsearch+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.

Released.

On Fri, Aug 2, 2013 at 1:21 PM, Lukáš Vlček lukas.vlcek@gmail.com wrote:

Thanks Simon,
let me know if you need me to update the PR in any way.
Lukas
Dne 2.8.2013 22:03 "simonw" simon.willnauer@elasticsearch.com napsal(a):

The next release is not too far out. I am looking into #3275 to get it

into 0.90.3 as well

simon

On Friday, August 2, 2013 11:02:59 AM UTC+2, Lukáš Vlček wrote:

Normally, new version of Elasticsearch was released every month or so.
So the time has come again :slight_smile:

I am specifically looking forward to 0.90.3 because there is a small fix
to the Hunspell token filter. ("It is one small fix for a man, one giant
leap for mankind"). While we are at it I would like to see #3275https://github.com/elasticsearch/elasticsearch/pull/3275being closed before the next release too.

Regards,
Lukas

On Fri, Aug 2, 2013 at 9:11 AM, joerg...@gmail.com joerg...@gmail.comwrote:

If I understand correctly, the issues for 0.90.3 are all closed so
there should be no more serious obstacle for a release, and this is why Lukáš
asked.

To me it would also be fine if there was a schedule for the first 1.0.0
beta so I can reserve my time beforehand for plugin migration, new plugin
work, and adapting personal ES projects for moving to 1.0.0 final.

Jörg

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Groups "elasticsearch" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send
an email to elasticsearc...@**googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/**groups/opt_outhttps://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out
.

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
"elasticsearch" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an
email to elasticsearch+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
"elasticsearch" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an
email to elasticsearch+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "elasticsearch" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to elasticsearch+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.