Is cluster backup Incremental?

Hi,

I want to know whether cluster backup is incremental? In document it is written that "index snapshot process" is incremental. So if I am taking snapshot of whole cluster, will it be incremental?

Thanks in advance

The exact behaviour is described quite well in this blog post.

Thank you Christian_Dahlqvist. I am trying to restore the snapshot of my cluster which is present on primary server to a backup cluster which is on secondary server. I have to do this on a regular intervals. Both of these servers are not mounted to I can not use the repository of first server for the second server. Now to restore the snapshots of first cluster into second cluster I have to SFTP the snapshot from first server to second server. But copy that backup folder every time to the secondary server will take time. Is there any way such that I do not need to move the whole backup folder and just the new snapshot files? If yes then which files should I move from first repository to second.

I believe that question is being answered in this thread.

Thank you. I can use that command. But I want to know whether there is any file which gets modified while taking second snapshot. In the blog it is written that only index file gets modified which in new version is index.latest file. Although the size of this file is not that much. Apart from modifying do files get removed if we take a second snapshot.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.