Is Elasticsearch refresh interval useless option when updating document of specific index?

Hello

Is Elasticsearch refresh interval useless option when updating document of specific index ?

For Example,
I have two indices on my Elasticsearch (index-001, index-002) and these indices have default refresh_interval setting.

Here, I have some questions

• There is no insert or update operation to index-001 ( I expect there is no refresh on index-001 )
    When I update some document on index-002, Does refresh executed on index-001 ?

• Then, what is ideal case to set refresh_interval -1 ?

• Where can I get elasticsearch refresh execution flow ? or Can you explain some inner side steps of refresh ?

Thanks

Indices will only refresh if they need to. So if you update index 2 and not 1, then only the 2nd index will refresh.

A negative refresh is mostly used when doing a big bulk upload, or if you know for certain an index will not change.

Near real-time search | Elasticsearch Guide [7.13] | Elastic has more info on the process.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.