Is it okay to keep product data only in Elasticsearch?

Hello, I am trying to build an e-commerce platform in which I am going to put the products into the elasticsearch Index. I am referencing this for the modeling of the Product. Is it okay to keep the products only in the elasticsearch Index? or to be safe I must use some other database storage? I am currently using Aerospike(A key-value NoSQL database) for storing other data models.

as long as you have a really good backup replication scheme I don't see why not

Personally, I would use a typical transactional database storage for your e-commerce store and that would be the single source of the truth. I would then push data into your elastic index for search. Other's may disagree, but that's what I would suggest.

Your transactional database would be more normalized and your elastic index would be more flattened out and easy to query using their REST API.

When a new record is created on my transactional database, I then make an HTTP POST to create the same record in elastic.

Can you suggest me some product data model that is normalized just like mentioned in here?

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.