Is there a API which can get all beat.hostname in an index?

Or some other way...

You can make an Elasticsearch query to get it. From Terms aggregation | Elasticsearch Guide [8.3] | Elastic;

curl -X GET "localhost:9200/INDEXNAME/_search?pretty" -H 'Content-Type: application/json' -d'
{
  "aggs": {
    "hosts": {
      "terms": { "field": "beat.hostname" }
    }
  }
}
'
1 Like

I tried this, but returned 400 status:

{
  "error" : {
    "root_cause" : [
      {
        "type" : "illegal_argument_exception",
        "reason" : "Fielddata is disabled on text fields by default. Set fielddata=true on [beat.hostname] in order to load fielddata in memory by uninverting the inverted index. Note that this can however use significant memory. Alternatively use a keyword field instead."
      }
    ],
    "type" : "search_phase_execution_exception",
    "reason" : "all shards failed",
    "phase" : "query",
    "grouped" : true,
    "failed_shards" : [
      {
        "shard" : 0,
        "index" : "logstash-nginx-log-whv3-2022.06.28",
        "node" : "3Fai_tbWTHS7_XRHJX5JDA",
        "reason" : {
          "reason" : "Fielddata is disabled on text fields by default. Set fielddata=true on [beat.hostname] in order to load fielddata in memory by uninverting the inverted index. Note that this can however use significant memory. Alternatively use a keyword field instead."
        }
      }
    ],
    "caused_by" : {
      "reason" : "Fielddata is disabled on text fields by default. Set fielddata=true on [beat.hostname] in order to load fielddata in memory by uninverting the inverted index. Note that this can however use significant memory. Alternatively use a keyword field instead.",
      "caused_by" : {
      }
    }
  },
  "status" : 400
}

What version are you on?

Yikes, that's very old and definitely past EOL. You need to look at upgrading as a matter of urgency, as 6.X is no longer supported, and 8.2 is latest.

Try changing the field to beat.hostname.keyword.

Thanks, it returned success.

But it only return 10 records, and only 2 beatnames are different. We have more than 20 beats in one index... How to get all of the beatname...

You asked for the hostname though?

Yes.. I am sorry, it seems I am not being clear.

I have found the solution.

Also thanks a lot for you time.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.