Issue with loading AWS dashboard in Kibana

I am having an issue with displaying the AWS Dashboard in Kibana. I have followed the steps detailed in the instructions for enabling & configuring the AWS module in Metricbeat.

When running the setup.exe command there are no errors being thrown during the dashboard creation phase.

I am able to successfully receive data from the module but when I go to launch the dashboard I'm getting the following error...

AWS-Dashboard-Error

The name of my Kibana index pattern is metricbeat-* and the name of my Elasticsearch index is metricbeat-7.10.0-2020.11.16-000001

TIA,
Bill

Did the setup command print the dashboard id displayed in your screen shot? How did you launch the dashboard? Is there any chance that the Kibana you ran setup against is a different Kibana that you tried to launch the dashboard on? Could the dashboard have been installed in a different space? Could the user launching the dashboard not have privileges to read dashboards?

Patrick,

Thanks for getting back to me.

1. Did the setup command print the dashboard id displayed in your screen shot?
  • No it did not print the dashboard id when completed it just returned to the command line
  1. How did you launch the dashboard?
  • From within the Metrics => Add Data => AWS => Setup - Launch Dashboard
    -- Note: Yesterday I was trying to launch from within my profile that I created a couple of weeks ago when I got the message however just now I launched the 'Default' profile and was able to get to the AWS Dashboard.
    -- Question: Does this mean that dashboards are assigned Unique Id's based on the profile used (this would make sense - just thought of that)
  1. Is there any chance that the Kibana you ran setup against is a different Kibana that you tried to launch the dashboard on?
  2. Could the dashboard have been installed in a different space?
  • See Note from above -- Yes I did
    -- Question: Does this mean that the AWS Dashboard won't be available across profiles?
  1. Could the user launching the dashboard not have privileges to read dashboards?
  • I configured my profile to have permissions to everything.

-Bill

I think by "profile" you mean "space"; see the Kibana Spaces doc for more info.

I believe visualizations and dashboards are currently space-specific, so if you want the same dashboard in multiple spaces, you would need to copy it. See the doc "Copy Saved Objects to other Kibana spaces" for more information.

There are some new capabilities coming with spaces where objects like visualizations and dashboards can be "shared" across spaces. I'm not sure exactly when that will be available.

Thanks Patrick I'll check them out

-Bill

Worked like a charm!

Thanks and I'll mark this as resolved.

-Bill

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.